In A Time of Uncertainty

By Abstractsmile - August 08, 2020


Hello there. It has been a wild 2020, am I right? This year it has taught me a lot of patience, to use my voice for the injustices that continue to happen more, and to remind myself that I matter. It has been a whirlwind of six months, to say the least. In this time of uncertainty, what has kept me happy and laughing has been family. As you all know, social media is how I make some sort of income since I became a stay at home mom, so I took breaks here and there from it (except from the usual Tik Tok), and at one point wanted to deleted all of it because it got toxic for me personally. I had to ask myself what do I contribute to social media... and the answer was me sharing my thoughts, and I remember why I started this. See it wasn't just regarding my fashion, but it was an actual voice to young women feeling vulnerable, needing a girlfriend to talk to. Ever since I started sharing my thoughts, and some anecdotes of my personal life, I have found a better and empowering community.

You have to start to romanticize your life, because if you don't then who will. During this time of uncertainty with a pandemic hitting all of us, I'm looking to be more positive, and the thing is positivity isn't about being happy all the time. I'm a mom to a toddler, and keeping a 2 year old indoors for too long, he will go crazy. I've cried and laughed and at times we have just hugged each other, because that was the best we could do. I've allowed myself to be completely vulnerable throughout all of this, that I'm not afraid to express how I feel. So here's to all of my mommas not having it altogether, you're still perfect! To you, not feeling secure with your body, you are perfect. Trust me, I fluctuate A LOT! I went from a size 2 to a size 10 throughout the years, and the thing is you have to love your body. Being healthy or fit, doesn't require a size, love that body! Nurture it spiritually, you have one body in your lifetime. As I like to say I've gained the 15 Quarantine. I'm starting cycling, and some yoga to not get fit, but to nurture movement to my body. These past months, I've gotten closer with my partner, we cook together, we jam out to some old school songs, we have re-model our place, just to name a few things. It's been a lot of binge watching shows, singing along to musicals (Dear Evan Hansen bring back Ben Platt!), and we have learned to provide each other some space, and work together to ensure our 2 year old is happy. I'll leave you with this, hold on tight to your family, appreciate each moment, and wear a mask (I took mine each time we shot) and be cautious if you go outside. Stay Safe!

Bag is Rebecca Minkoff from The Fashion Foundation

Shot at Maman NYC Tribeca, sad that it's temporarily closed 
Dress is from my fave, Target - A New Day (link)

Shot with Leslie Moncada, socially distanced on the empty streets of Tribeca.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments