Sharing Feelings Through Flowers

By Abstractsmile - January 27, 2017


I was able to be part of this photo series #whatdoyoustandbehind. Last weekend, I attended the Women's March in NYC. I felt so much love from everyone, it didn't matter the color, height, where you were from. Everyone was there to protect our women, our immigrants, overall stand up for our rights. Here is what I stand behind and why I created my blog.  As always I hope I inspired you with my style, remember to add some lipstick and go conquer the world. Xoxo, Abstractsmile


What do you stand behind?
I can write a whole book on what I stand behind but I will say the three most important things right now for me are women’s rights, self-confidence, and expressing my own voice. I have been able to create and have a platform where expressing my sense of style has provided self-confidence for a lot of girls and young women. In these crazy times that are approaching us, our rights are extremely important. I wouldn’t call myself a feminist, but I believe that we should all be treated equally and most importantly fairly. Lastly, expressing my own voice; I want to leave a mark in the world whether is through my writing, dancing, and or my fashion sense. I want to make a difference, and make it count.

What was that moment like when you decided you wanted to create a blog?
The moment came abruptly. I used to be my friends’ “muse” for their amateur photography, and one day I was approached with the idea “you should start a blog”. At first, I laughed at the idea of me becoming a fashion blogger, until my first exposure happened. I used a hashtag and got exposed in Forever 21’s site, and then the idea of Abstractsmile started. I turned my Tumblr into my blog name, and it was terrifying at first to express my style but it’s been the best 2 years of my life so far.

And how have you and your blog evolved since your first post?
As everything in life, we all evolve. I’m not the same person I was two years ago; I started my blog to showcase what I thought people would like to see. As I started getting more exposure, I was finding myself more and how to be creative with my style. I think from the way I pose to showcase my outfits to the story I try to tell from my posts, it’s completely different now. I see a mature young woman with a badass keen to her. Like I say on every post now “Remember to add some lipstick and go conquer the world.”

Picture was taken by Amorousabyss (IG; @amourabyss

Top: Urban Outfitters

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments